Before you start
Before you can connect to the internet by wireless, you need:
- a laptop, tablet or smartphone
- BT Broadband (which comes with unlimited free BT Wi-fi minutes) or a BT Openzone subscription or voucher.
Please check that:
- your wireless device's Service Set Identifier (SSID) is set to - or that you've selected - BTOpenzone or BTWifi (case sensitive, no spaces)
- your network type is set to 'any' or 'infrastructure'
- your wireless network key/data encryption is disabled and not set to WEP
- if you're going to access a company network, make sure you've disabled Internet Explorer proxy settings. If you need some help, please go to how to login with BT Wi-fi
- when logging in to BT Wi-fi, you've typed your username and password correctly - remember no capital letters and please check spelling (if you've copied and pasted your username or password, make sure there's no space after it)
Need technical help?
If you've a problem, please see our common questions. If you still need some help, call us on:
- Freefone 0800 022 33 22* (24/7) or
- +44 132 556 0841 from outside the UK **.
* Calls to this number are free from BT landlines and BT payphones. However, they are not free to call from mobile phones - the cost will vary between service providers.
** International number is charged at your telephone provider's international call rates.
Get help setting up a wireless connection on your device and view our step to step guides to logging in.